Friday, August 13, 2010

Camp Life is the Best life

Snowball fights, paint wars, and camps songs are three of the activities I experience every summer. For the past nine summers I have enjoyed going to an amazing camp called WinShape Camps. The camp itself is owned by Chick Fil a, and was founded by Truett Cathy who created Chick Fil A. The experience has been wonderful and quite memorable. This summer was bitter sweet, because it was my last year as a camper. Next year I will miss the campfire, and the gathering of friends while we eat smores and sings songs. I will miss the beautiful hills of Rome, Ga as they are covered in fog in the morning, the baby deer that run around the camp, and the amazing teachings that the camp offers. Now your probably wandering why don't I just become a counselor, well I would but the camp does not hire right out of high school so I am stuck in an awkward middle place. I will visit of course, because over the years I have accumulated many amazing friends and mentors. Even though I will not spend two weeks of my summertime next year I will never forget the memories, the people, or the lessons I have learned from the people there. It is a postive up lifting time and I would not trade those two weeks for anything!

2 comments: